Self-Compassion for Healthcare Communities May 15, 2023 with Mila de Koning
Mondays, May 15, 2023 - June 19, 2023 -- 8:00 am - 9:00 am PT
Self-Compassion Training for Healthcare Communities (SCHC) is a 6-wk adaptation of the evidence based Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program created by Kristin Neff, PhD and Chris Germer, PhD. Research on the SCHC program conducted in 2019 at Dell Children's hospital in Austin, TX revealed significant increases in self-compassion, mindfulness, compassion for others and compassion satisfaction, and decreases in depression, stress, secondary traumatic stress and burnout in healthcare professionals.
This abbreviated MSC program was specifically designed for the general healthcare public to address the unique time constraints, workplace culture, and stressors of healthcare professionals.
There has been considerable interest in the release of this program and it’s finally available through CMSC's live online training.
This course meets on Mondays starting May 15 - June 19, 8:00-9:00 am Pacific Time with Mila de Koning.
Hours: 8:00 - 9:00 AM Pacific Time – Click here to view the Time Conversion Chart
*This is not a Teacher Training program.
Fees & Continuing Education Credits Course Fees:
- The General Registration Fee for this program is $325.
- Optional Credits: Continuing Education Credits are available for Nurses, Psychologists and MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs for $30.
- CME Credits are available for $50.
CME Credit: This session is approved for a total of 6 AAFP Prescribed credits. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Continuing Education Credit: available for Nurses, Psychologists and MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs. You must attend all sessions live and complete a post course evaluation.
- Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16351, for 7.0 CE credit.
- Psychologists: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course offers 6.0 CE credit.
- California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 6.0 CE credit may be applied to your license renewal through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. For those licensed outside California, please check with your local licensing board to determine if CE credit is accepted.
If you would like to receive CEs, you will be prompted to add the cost at checkout. To receive CMEs, you will need to purchase them separately from the cost of SCHC registration.
If you have any issues adding your CE or CME registration, please email email@example.com.
For any cancellation request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course registration fees will be refunded or transferred to future dates if cancellation occurs two weeks before the start of class. To process any refund, there will be a $50 fee charged by the system. The refund will only be for tuition fees, and any miscellaneous expenses incurred related to this course will not be refunded.
A 50% refund or the option to transfer to a future SCHC will be offered if canceling one week before the start of class.
No refunds can be offered if canceling one week before the start of class or later (except on compassionate grounds for extenuating circumstances). For questions regarding the course or the registration process, please contact Maria at email@example.com.
Self-Compassion for Healthcare Communities 6-Week Course
$325.00Self-Compassion for Healthcare Communities with Mila de Koning May 15, 2023
$50.00Continuing Medical Education for Self-Compassion for Healthcare Communities with Mila de Koning May 15, 2023
Meet Your Teacher
Mila de Koning
Certified Teacher - The Netherlands
SCHC Course Outline
Week 1: What is Self-Compassion?
Week 2: Practicing Self-Compassion
Week 3: Self-Compassion and Burnout
Week 4: Discovering Your Compassionate Voice
- 6 Live sessions, one each week
- Live attendance recommended